I don’t cope well with winter. Although I love creamy soups, hearty stews and cuddling up with a hot cup of tea, I detest the cold and short days.
So as spring is (not quite yet) upon us, I enthusiastically created this luscious salad that will make you go back for seconds – or like my hubby, thirds. The marriage of the crispy bacon and papaya is lip-smacking and the vibrant colours make for beautiful presentation.
1 pack of back bacon
Half a papaya
1 pack of baby leaf salad
Handful of mungs and lentils
50g blue cheese
- Cut the bacon into chunks and fry until crispy. No need for any oil or butter as the fat of the bacon supplies enough for a good sizzle.
- Remove the pips from the papaya, peel it and cut into chunks.
- Steam the broccoli for about 5 minutes, drain the water and let it cool down.
- Use a shallow salad bowl and make a bed of the baby leaf salad.
- Layer the papaya, mungs and lentils, croutons and broccoli.
- Top the salad with the bacon and crumble the blue cheese over your masterpiece.
- Enjoy this salad with a juicy steak or even as a main meal. A creamy salad dressing partners best with the ingredients, but you can try some balsamic vinegar as well.