Sometimes a Monday just gets under your skin and no matter what you try, you can’t seem to get rid of that hideous stressed-out feeling. But fear no more! I have found the cure!
This delectable pasta dish has terrific flavour with minimum preparation. With its creamy texture and sticky cheesy topping it is one of my favourite comfort foods.
250 g pasta (for this dish I like using shells)
1 teaspoon garlic
1 chopped onion
1 chopped green pepper
1 pack of chopped button mushrooms
2 tins of tuna
1 teaspoon oregano
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons butter
400 ml milk
Grated cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in 500 ml boiling water and some salt. Once cooked, drain the pasta and set aside.
- In a frying pan, brown the onion and garlic.
- Add the green pepper and mushrooms and fry until mushrooms are almost cooked.
- Mix the tuna with the fried goodies and add to the pasta.
- In a saucepan, mix the butter and flour into a paste over a medium heat. Gradually add milk while continuously stirring. Beware of lumps.
- When the sauce is thick and starts boiling, add the oregano, some salt and pepper and a handful of cheese.
- Mix the sauce with the pasta and top with cheese.
- Pop it in the oven at 180 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Don’t feel guilty when going for seconds – it’s Monday!