My hubby adores chocolate brownies, but it’s hard to find one with the perfect consistency and chocolaty flavour to back it up. I’ve experimented with quite a few chocolate pudding and muffin recipes, but it usually turns out either too saucy or too dry.
This recipe however has a great foundation and allows you to add nuts, shortbread, cherries or basically anything your heart desires.
The chocolate brownie is one of your most versatile sweet treats; you can enjoy it as a dessert or as an indulgence with your afternoon coffee.
250 g butter
200 g dark chocolate
100 g walnuts
80 g cocoa
65 g flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
350 g sugar
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of boiling water. Once the chocolate is nice and runny, add the walnuts.
- In a separate bowl, mix the butter, sugar, baking powder, flour and cocoa.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the flour mixture.
- Beat the eggs and add to chocolaty base.
- Pour into a flat dish and bake for 40 minutes at 180 degrees. When the brownies are done it looks quite dry on the top, but will be gooey on the inside.
- Cut into slices and serve with whipped cream.