Flapjacks for breakfast, flapjacks for teatime, flapjacks for lunch and/or flapjacks for dinner. Yes please!
Whether you enjoy this treat with a delicate rose petal jam (as we had the good fortune to try recently) or with a rustic avocado and basil pesto topping, flapjacks are simply irresistible.
The cream cheese and bacon together with the flapjacks make for a sizable and tasty dinner.
125 ml sugar
250 ml milk
30 ml oil
500 ml flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
6 slices of back bacon
Grated cheddar cheese
Kransfontein olive chutney
- Beat the eggs and the sugar and add half of the milk with the oil.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt and mix well with the egg mixture.
- Add the other half of the milk.
- Bake on a medium heat stove in a crepe pan: drop a spoonful of the mixture in the pan and turn when it starts making bubbles. It should take about two minutes to be done.
- While baking the flapjacks, spread the bacon out in an oven pan and grill it in an oven for about 20 minutes.
- To assemble, spread cream cheese on 3 flapjacks and stack it on top of one another. On the top one add some grated cheese and place a slice of bacon on it. Serve with Kransfontein olive chutney.