I love bread recipes that does not require any kneading. It’s not that I’m lazy (all the time), it’s just that sometimes time is of the essence.
We are all familiar with the I-hope-you-don’t-mind-but-I-brought-along-my-other-friend-and-her-whole-family-of-six scenario. You invited some friends over for a braai and before you can say “have a seat” you notice that your evening of four has turned into a party of twelve. You need more food and you need it fast.
This tasty bread will be done while the meat is still on the braai, and just in time for compliments to come rolling in. Happy bread baking!
500 g self-rising flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tin sweet corn
100 ml milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Handful of grated white and yellow cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and spray your smallish bread pan.
- Sift the flour with the salt and add the corn.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and oil.
- Add the egg mixture and the cheeses to the corn and cut with a knife until thoroughly mixed.
- Dish the dough into your pan and bake for around 45 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold with lots of butter.