I’ve been craving a delectable creamy pasta dish almost as long as I’ve been craving crispy roast potatoes. While the potatoes are still on my wishlist, I decided to overindulge in this very rich bacon and spinach pasta. It is so easy to prepare and most of the ingredients are usually in my pantry.
I suggest making some extra, as it is even better the day after.
500 g pasta
200 g bacon, cut into bite-sized pieces
200 g spinach, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic
500 ml cream
100 g feta cheese
Handful of grated cheddar cheese
1. Cook the pasta al dente, drain and set aside.
2. Brown the onion and garlic in a frying pan. Add the bacon and fry until crispy. Set aside.
3. Cover the spinach with boiling water. Drain after 2 minutes, making sure all the excess water is removed.
4. Mix the pasta, bacon mixture and spinach. Add the cream and stir over a low heat. Mix in the feta and cheddar cheese and let it simmer for about half an hour.
5. Serve with a toss salad and black pepper.