For a few years during those disastrous teenage tantrums, I refused to eat eggs. Don’t ask me why, because these days I cannot get enough of it. Fried eggs on toast, creamy cheesy omelets, versatile frittatas and my ultimate favourite: French toast. Yummy!
This friendly pea and ham frittata is quick and easy. I made it in smaller bowls so everyone could have their own. Add some cheddar cheese and chillies if you would like to go the whole nine yards.
Reasons to eat eggs:
1. Eggs assists with brain function
2. It helps build muscle strength and prevents muscle loss
3. It helps prevent age-related blindness
For more click here.
30 ml milk
1 teaspoon thyme
200 g ham, sliced into bite-sized squares
200 g frozen peas
2 chopped spring onions
A few cubes of feta cheese
1. Arrange the spring onions, ham and peas in a shallow dish.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and thyme. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
3. Pour the eggs in the shallow dish along with the feta and bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 180 degrees. Serve with fresh bread and some Tabasco.