It seems that every week gets busier and busier. Between juggling family life, work and errands, there is little time left for anything else. This includes cooking, baking and doing all sorts of cool stuff in the kitchen. For this reason I resort to easy and fast (but still yummy) dishes on weeknights.
Although I’m quite experimental when it comes to pasta dishes, this is the first time I tried something spicy with my starchy friend. It was a huge success. Adding Parmesan cheese when the pasta is served really enhances the wholesome flavours, but hey, in my opinion cheese makes everything better.
300 g pasta shells
4 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized cubes
2 teaspoons garlic
1 onion, chopped
2 teaspoons basil
2 teaspoons coriander
1 teaspoon ginger
2 teaspoons cumin
dash of cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon soy sauce
400 g can tomatoes
50 g tomato paste
1. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. Fry the garlic and onion in a splash of oil. Once the onion turn translucent, add the chicken.
3. Add the coriander, ginger, cumin and cayenne pepper.
4. When the chicken is cooked, add the basil, soy sauce, canned tomatoes and tomato paste.
5. Simmer over a low heat for 15 minutes. Serve spicy chicken sauce with the pasta and lots of Parmesan cheese.