A savoury treat is sometimes all you need to brighten your day. Pair it with a hot cup of tea and your worries are a thing of the past. These corn and cheddar cheese muffins are quick and easy and the basil pesto makes for a tasty surprise when you take your first bite.
1 can corn kernels
2 tablespoons basil pesto
250 g Cheddar cheese, grated
300 g flour
15 ml baking powder
250 ml milk
50 ml butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Lay out wax paper in a muffin pan (this recipe makes six large muffins).
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add the Cheddar cheese.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, milk and egg.
4. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture together with the corn and basil pesto.
5. Place spoonfuls of dough into the wax paper and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
6. Serve with a sweet cup of tea and lots of butter.