One of my best friends recently got married to her soul mate. It was a lovely wedding and the bride was beautiful – I couldn’t help but cry tears of joy. Her kitchen tea was a few weeks prior to the wedding and it was quite the do. I love attending those as I get a peek at new kitchen utensils, fabulous bake ware and other sorts of cooking goodies. Another friend of ours bought her a duo of silicone egg poach pods and I knew right there and then that I wanted them badly. I subtly fished out some info, I had to know where I can get my hands on these…
At the wedding our friend winked me over, scrambling ferociously through her handbag. “I got you a pair too.” I was ecstatic! Silicone egg poach pods of my very own. Thanks Carien, I will always think of you when I use them! 🙂
Handful of baby spinach
200 g mushrooms, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic
1 teaspoon thyme
4 slices bread of your choice
- Fry the mushrooms and garlic in a splash of oil. Just before the mushrooms are cooked, add the spinach.
- When the spinach wilted, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Half fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Crack open an egg into a poach pod and place in the water – the poach pod should be floating. (You can insert as many poach pods at one time as you have available.)
- Steam the egg for five minutes. Remove from water and tip out of the poach pod.
- To assemble, arrange the mushrooms and spinach on a slice of bread and top with an egg. Serve with black pepper and Tabasco sauce.