Cauliflower is making headlines in a big way. Everywhere you look cooks are getting creative with this ingredient, using it in ways one never thought possible. As I was always a fan of good ol’ cauliflower, I decided to jump on the bandwagon.
Cauliflower and pasta you ask? Let me tell you, it is beyond delightful. When cauliflower is paired with mascarpone it makes for a beautiful sauce that could easily take the place of a béchamel in any dish. I’m loving this new craze and have a few ideas up my sleeve for magical kitchen adventures.
500 g cauliflower
1 teaspoon garlic
250 g mascarpone
100 ml milk
250 g bacon, chopped roughly
300 g pasta (I used pipes)
Handful of fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Cover the cauliflower with water in a large pot. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower and pop in a blender along with the garlic. Set aside once it’s rice-like.
- Fry the bacon and once crisp, add the cauliflower. Mix in the mascarpone, parsley and milk.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain the pasta once cooked and stir in the cauliflower and bacon mix.
- Serve with fresh parsley and black pepper.