I know I’ve been bombarding you with breakfast recipes this past month, but I just can’t get enough of it. Eggs man, eggs! Would you believe that Brazil is the country that eats the most eggs? I’m considering emigrating… I could easily turn into a jolly soccer fanatic who cheerfully dances the samba while savouring a hardboiled egg. Oh, wait. I can do that in the comfort of my own home – I’ll just close the curtains this time to avoid scaring the neighbours’ children (again).
These scrambled egg breakfast buns are model sandwiches that hits the very spot each time I make it. Enjoy (with or without the Mardi Gras decorations) and consider doubling the recipe. 🙂
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
50 ml milk
3 bockwurst, cut into 1 cm disks
Handful of grated cheddar
Handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 big cheese buns
- Heat a pan with a tablespoon of butter or a swirl of oil.
- Fry the bockwurst for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the eggs, mayonnaise and milk with some salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the egg mixture to the bockwurst.
- Scramble the eggs and when it’s almost done, add the cheese and parsley.
- To assemble, stuff the buns with spoonsful of scrambled egg. Serve with black pepper and coffee.