I am not the biggest fan of tomato. I’m that girl who deconstructs my hamburger to remove the tomato slices before digging in. Sometimes I deliberately misread a recipe, leaving out the tomato for fear that it will overpower the other flavours. But tomatoes are good for you. Vitamins and all that. And sometimes there are exceptions. This sundried tomato pasta is one of them.
Reasons to eat tomatoes:
- Tomatoes contains a whole lot of antioxidants.
- It improves vision and helps prevent night blindness.
- Tomatoes aid in maintaining healthy teeth, bones, hair and skin.
For more click here.
Adapted from Table for Two
300 g pasta (I used shells)
2 teaspoons garlic
1 chopped onion
1 teaspoon dried basil
Handful of chopped sundried tomatoes
1 tin chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
Handful of baby spinach
Handful of fresh basil
200 ml plain yogurt
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain the pasta once cooked and set aside.
- In a separate pan, fry the garlic, onion, dried basil and sundried tomatoes for around 2 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato paste and stir well.
- Mix in the yogurt and fresh spinach and basil. Stir in the pasta and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with parmesan and fresh basil.