Two days ago we saw the winter solace. This is a very big deal for me since I can now start looking forward to summer. I know we are going to have a few more cold fronts and I cannot unpack my beachwear yet (I really wish I could though), but the fact of the matter is that the days are getting longer.
I made these corn flapjacks in celebration of sunshine. The golden yellow kernels that pop with every bite of these breakfast treats are reminisce of lazy days in the sun.
125 ml sugar
250 ml milk
30 ml oil
500 ml flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 can of corn kernels
6 slices of back bacon
- Beat the eggs and the sugar and add half of the milk and the oil.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt and mix well with the egg mixture.
- Add the other half of the milk and the corn.
- Bake on a medium heat stove in a crepe pan: drop a spoonful of the mixture in the pan and turn when it starts making bubbles. It should take about two minutes to be done.
- While baking the flapjacks, spread the bacon out in an oven pan and grill it in an oven for about 20 minutes.
- To assemble, stack three flapjacks with a slice of bacon in between. Top with a few slices of avocado and black pepper.