Yay! I have a new car! A Hyundai Grand i10, and she’s beautiful! Can you say electric windows, power steering, central locking and intuitive steering wheel audio controls? I am so thrilled! And best of all, she has a USB port, which means I can make a road trip USB stick filled with my favourite songs that will be the envy of many drivers.
To celebrate this significant moment, I baked a few almond muffins. They are a delicious teatime treat with just enough sweetness to brighten up your day.
300 g flour
15 ml baking powder
200 ml sugar
5 ml almond essence
250 ml milk
50 ml butter, melted
100 g almond nibs
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl, add the sugar and mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, milk and egg.
5. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture together with the almond essence and almond nibs.
6. Place spoonfuls of dough into a muffin pan and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
7. Serve with a sweet cup of tea.