Pineapple and coconut equal pina coladas and getting caught in the rain and not being into yoga but having half a brain. Jimmy Buffet. You’re welcome. 🙂
This version of pineapple and coconut, however, equals an amazing chicken curry with lots of chillies that I will enjoy any day of the week. I have my hubby to thank for this fiery feast that gets even better the longer it simmers. The sweetness of the pineapple and coconut milk compliments the chillies extremely well. We served it with basmati rice, but it should go nicely with noodles or pita bread as well.
4 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized cubes
1 teaspoon garlic
1 onion, chopped
1 can coconut milk
1 paprika, chopped
2 teaspoons minced chilli
Handful of chopped pineapple
2 teaspoons fresh chilli, chopped
5 sundried tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Fry the onion and garlic in a splash of oil. Once the onion turns translucent, brown the chicken.
2. Add the paprika, minced chilli, sundried tomatoes and cayenne pepper and fry for another 2 minutes or so.
3. Add the pineapple and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
4. Turn down the heat and simmer for around half an hour.
5. Serve with basmati rice, noodles or pita bread.