You usually find sesame seeds on baked goods or in brittle, which are dazzling without a doubt. But… chicken and sesame seeds. Yes please! It’s a particularly appealing combination. In this recipe I combined it with some greens and served it with noodles to enhance its Asian charm. It’s healthy and delicious – now that doesn’t happen very often.
Reasons to eat sesame seeds:
- It promotes bone health and prevents osteoporosis.
- It lowers cholesterol.
- It strengthens the immune system.
- Sesame seeds eases stress.
For more click here.
200 g egg noodles
4 chicken breasts, cubed into bite-sized pieces
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic
4 sundried tomatoes, chopped
300 g broccoli florets
Handful of spinach, chopped
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1. Cook the noodles according to packet instructions. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
2. Fry the onion and garlic in a splash of oil. Once the onion turns translucent, brown the chicken.
3. Add the broccoli and sundried tomatoes and fry for around 5 minutes. Then add the spinach and fry until wilted.
4. Add the soy sauce, fish sauce and noodles. Fry for another 5 minutes and add the sesame seeds.
5. Serve hot. You can sprinkle over some more sesame seeds if you like them as much as I do.