The weatherman is predicting another cold front for the coming weekend. Hopefully this one is the last for the season. I’ll do my best to embrace the last days of winter as I’ll probably start complaining of the overwhelming heat soon. So here is the necessities for the weekend:
- My woolly jacket
- Beanie, mittens and 12 pairs of socks (to be worn over each other)
- A large jar of Douwe Egberts Espresso
- These ham, basil and feta muffins with a pound of butter
Let the games begin!
4 slices of ham
Handful of fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
Handful of feta, roughly chopped
300 g flour
15 ml baking powder
250 ml milk
50 ml butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, milk and egg.
5. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture together with the ham, basil and feta cheese.
6. Place spoonfuls of dough into a muffin pan and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
7. Serve with a strong cup of coffee and lots of butter.