We started watching the first season of Suits. We might be a few years late, but my hubby and I can only juggle around three series at a time, which usually includes a random season of Lost. Let’s just say we are big fans of deserted islands. We’re actually enjoying the world of macho attorneys, complicated love affairs and the fierce sarcasm that is Suits. Favourite character? Donna Paulsen, the executive assistant.
Needless to say, when it comes to crazy series watching, time is of the essence. Various things happen all at once: I make dinner, check my mail, put on comfy pants and rant about my day at the office. For nights like these, this beef rigatoni with peppers is perfect. It’s hearty and delicious and only needs minor attention. Suit(s) up!
250 g rigatoni pasta
300 g beef chuck, cubed
2 red onions, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic
1 teaspoon minced chilli
2 teaspoons paprika
1 green pepper, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 can of tomatoes
250 ml beef stock
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon parsley
1. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain the pasta once cooked and set aside.
2. In a separate pan, fry the onion, garlic and chilli in a splash of oil. When the onion turns translucent, add the beef.
3. Once the beef is browned, add the paprika, oregano, parsley and peppers. Fry for another 5 minutes or so.
4. Add the tomatoes and beef stock and simmer for half an hour.
5. Add the rigatoni to the beef mixture and simmer for another 10 minutes.
6. Serve hot with a glass of red wine.