I read a post on My Name is Yeh this morning where she listed all the things she enjoyed doing lately. I thought this was a really great idea to get one focused on the good things rather than dwell on stuff that annoys you. So, here’s is my list:
- Listening to a new album with my hubby.
- Feeling the summer sun on my skin.
- Driving my car.
- Reading The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt.
- Using my new bread maker.
Nothing compares to a slice of warm bread thickly spread with butter. I made this brown bread and was extremely impressed by the texture. Each bite of this wholesome bread conveys a different message of home. This one is going to become a regular.
For a 750 g loaf.
250 ml water
1 tablespoon margarine
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon milk powder
80 g wheat bran
400 g nutty wheat high bran bread flour
1,5 teaspoon yeast
1. Pour the water, margarine and honey in the bread pan.
2. Add the salt, milk powder, wheat bran and flour.
3. Finally, add the yeast. Bake according to your machine’s specifications.