A while back I got a hold of the film Begin Again – but we only got around to watching it yesterday afternoon. It was such a nice movie; we really enjoyed the toe-tapping music and the animated nature of the story. Although the main characters are portrayed by Keira Knightley and Mark Ruffalo, it was Catherine Keener who impressed me most. But I’ve liked her for such a long time, it’s pretty hard to be objective. She seems like such a happy hippy girl, someone I can become instant friends with. And I won’t call her Cath or Cathy or CK – she will always be Catherine. I’ll offer her some of these spinach and feta muffins, and because she is such a good friend she would love them and not be shy and eat two in one go. With extra butter.
I really hope my other friends won’t be jealous of my friendship with Catherine. I’ll give them some of these muffins just in case.
Handful of spinach, chopped
Handful of feta, roughly chopped
300 g flour
15 ml baking powder
250 ml milk
50 ml butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, milk and egg.
5. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture together with the spinach and feta cheese.
6. Place spoonfuls of dough into a muffin pan and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
7. Serve with a hot cup of coffee and lots of butter.