Best Monday EVER! I took leave today because my cousin who lives 1 400 km away is in town and she treated me to a day at a spa. We had manicures and pedicures and massages that left me so relaxed I nearly fell asleep. I can go for something like that every Monday! On the flip side: I smudged one of my freshly painted nails – it looks like I ran it through a cheese grater. 😦
To end this pretty perfect Monday, this no-fuss cashew and chicken stirfry noodles with broccoli and peppers is just the thing. It is packed with veggies, the cashews and chicken were totally made for each other and the sweetness of the honey compliments the dash of chilli. And then … some ice cream for dessert. As I said, best Monday EVER!
200 g vermicelli noodles
4 chicken breasts, deboned and cubed
80 ml honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons garlic
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
300 g broccoli florets
1 red pepper, sliced
1 yellow pepper, sliced
Handful of cashew nuts
1. Cook the noodles according to packet instructions. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
2. Fry the onion and garlic in a splash of oil. Once the onion turns translucent, brown the chicken.
3. Add the chilli flakes, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and honey and fry for around 5 minutes.
4. Add the broccoli and peppers and fry for another 5 minutes and add the cashew nuts.
5. Serve the chicken and veggies on top of the noodles. You can sprinkle over some more cashew nuts if you like them as much as I do.