Monday is not my favourite day of the week, but if you follow this blog I guess you already know that. I actually had a brilliant Monday last week – but everything is back to normal now. Only seven Mondays left in 2014! Time really goes by faster the older you get, or is it just me?
To brighten up our Monday I made these double chocolate muffins and packed them for lunch – a stroke of pure genius. 🙂 When lunch (half an) hour finally came after hours of translating and editing newspaper articles and municipal documents, I nearly started to cry when I opened my lunchbox. Chocolate + Muffins = Happiness. These muffins are filled with extra chunks of milk chocolate just waiting to explode in your mouth, carrying you on a cloud of chocolaty bliss.
300 g flour
65 g cocoa
2 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
100 g sugar
100 g milk chocolate, cut into smallish pieces
50 ml oil
5 ml vanilla essence
350 ml milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Sift the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar and chocolate chunks.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, vanilla essence, milk and egg.
4. Add the egg mixture to the flour and mix well
5. Place spoonfuls of dough into a muffin pan and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
6. Serve with a hot cup of coffee.