If I should ever be stranded on a far-off island and I had three wishes that would be granted by the island genie, a dozen of these cheddar and basil pesto muffins would be my first request (I think better when I’ve eaten). Also, I would like a library with all the books that have ever been written – in language that I can understand. I think I’ll give my third wish to my hubby, since I won’t be stranded on this island alone, obviously. I’ll betcha he’ll ask for music, or maybe enough chocolate to sink a rescue boat…
Cheddar and basil pesto muffins: they’re light and fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth-cheesy, and speckled with the earthy tones of basil. In this case more butter is more. Really more. Njom njom!
3 tablespoons basil pesto
Handful of cheddar cheese, grated
300 g flour
15 ml baking powder
250 ml milk
50 ml butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, milk and egg.
5. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture together with the basil pesto and cheddar cheese.
6. Place spoonfuls of dough into a muffin pan and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
7. Serve with a hot cup of coffee and lots of butter.
For funzies: Throw Back Thursday
My hubby and I (we just got engaged) with our Kleinbrak three years ago.