Weeeeee wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmaaaaaas – and a haaaappy New Year! May your festive season be filled with good food and happy times with family and friends.
I’ll leave you with a recipe for a very special ice cream, a subtle and delicate flavour to be enjoyed on a lazy day in the sun. Rose petal jam is not easily obtainable, but you should be able to find it at your local deli or home industry. It’s totally worth the extra effort.
250 ml full cream milk
500 ml cream
150 g sugar
4 egg yolks
Pinch of salt
4 tablespoons rose petal jam
- Warm milk, sugar, half the cream and salt in a saucepan.
- Let it cool for 30 minutes to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks.
- Slowly pour the milk mixture into the eggs while whisking continuously.
- Pour back into the saucepan and heat. Stir with a spatula and scrape the bottom of the pan to form a custard. When the spatula is covered when removing it from the mix, the sauce is ready.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer and add the rest of the cream.
- Chill for 12 hours.
- Churn your ice cream according to your machine’s specifications. Add the jam mid-freezing.