Meat, two kinds of cheese, and dough – not exactly the equivalent of all the healthy green smoothies we’ve been seeing around the web for the past few days. Just because a new year has started doesn’t mean you have to quit spoiling yourself every now and then. More now than then in my case.
Talking about 2015 sweeping you off your feet, I came across this blog post regarding life lessons learned in 2014. My favourites are:
- Sometimes it pays to be selfish
- You are the summary of the people you spend the most time with
- Research, research, research
- Take the road less travelled
On that note, skip the celery and carrot sticks for today, and treat yourself with these deliciously cheesy ham and cheese rolls. I know, I should become a motivational speaker. #giggles
1 pack store-bought dough
5 tablespoons cream cheese (I used spring onion and chives flavour)
4 spring onions, chopped
6 slices country ham
Handful of grated cheddar cheese
1. Roll out the dough on a flat surface and smear the bottom quarter of the dough with cream cheese.
2. Lay out the ham and spring onions on the dough and top cheddar cheese.
3. Roll the dough lengthwise from the bottom and slice disks of around 4 cm.
4. Place the disks in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with more cheddar cheese.
5. Bake for 1 hour at 180 degrees. Pull the rolls apart and serve hot with a glass of iced tea.