Stirfry pork with pineapple and baby marrows. Or utterly delicious stirfry noodles with pork, pineapple and baby marrows. Or traffic light stirfry pork noodles. The last one is definitely the most creative title, but my blood pressure rises a little too much when I think about anything traffic related.
It’s Monday y’all – let’s wrap up the day and enjoy a bowl of noodles that is quick and easy to prepare and packed with enough veggies to get us through the rest of the week.
200 g vermicelli noodles
300 g pork strips
200 g can pineapple pieces (keep the juice)
1 red pepper, sliced
6 baby marrows, julienned
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons garlic
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
1 teaspoon paprika
1. Cook the noodles according to packet instructions. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
2. Fry the garlic in a splash of oil and brown the pork.
3. Add the chilli flakes, paprika, soy sauce and fish sauce and fry for around 5 minutes.
4. Add the baby marrow and peppers and fry for another 5 minutes. Add the pineapple pieces along with juice in the can. Simmer for around 10 minutes.
5. Serve the pork and veggies on top of the noodles.
I just had to share this photo my hubby took of our precious Kleinbrak. Isn’t she just beautiful?