Add Some Butter is all about simple and tasty recipes that usually come together really quickly. The breakfast sandwich I’m sharing with you today is so easy, it might not really qualify as an actual recipe – it’s more of an idea. But who doesn’t love a good ol’ scrambled egg and bacon sarmie?
The scrambled eggs are made extra creamy with a spoonful of cream cheese and a handful of cheddar cheese that is added just before it’s fully cooked. Lots of black pepper and chopped chives then complete these delicious scrambled eggs. The eggs and cooked bacon are placed atop a slice of french loaf. Best enjoyed with an open sandwich in each hand.
1 tablespoon cream cheese
Handful of grated cheddar
Handful of fresh chives, finely chopped
250 g bacon
French loaf, sliced
- Heat a pan with a tablespoon of butter or a swirl of oil.
- Fry the bacon for about 10 minutes or until cooked/crispy. Remove bacon from the pan.
- Whisk together the eggs and cream cheese with some salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- Scramble the eggs in the bacon fat and when it’s almost done, add the cheese and chives.
- To assemble, place a rasher of bacon on a slice of french loaf and top with spoonsful of scrambled egg.