My hubby is usually in charge of cooking the meat in our house, but since I got my Le Creuset skillet grill I’m forever looking for an excuse to use it.
This recipe is very simplistic, using only fresh sprigs of rosemary and macadamia oil to enhance the flavour of a few pork chops. The skillet grill adds some char to the chops that gives it a rustic appeal and when served with mashed potatoes and sweet peas it becomes a supper fit for a king.
4 pork chops
Salt and pepper
A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
1. Heat the skillet grill on the stove top.
2. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper and generously rub with macadamia oil.
3. Place the pork chops on the hot skillet grill and turn after 3 minutes. Put a few sprigs of rosemary on the chops and sear for another 3 minutes.
4. If the chops have not cooked through you can place it in a hot oven to crisp up the fat.
5. Serve with mashed potatoes and peas.