These days everyone tries to add healthy foods to their menus. In winter time I try to incorporate foods that are rich in vitamins to avoid getting the flu and in summer time I add fresh berries that are rich in anti-oxidants. But something like sunflower seeds can be used year round in breakfasts like a honey granola or this delicious wheat bread.
Sunflower seeds hold multiple health benefits including the following:
- They ease every condition that’s inflammatory in nature, such as joint pain and asthma.
- The magnesium in sunflower seeds is reputed for soothing the nerves, thus easing away stress, migraines and helping you relax.
- They control cell damage, thus playing a role in preventing cancer.
- They bring a glow to your skin.
For more info, click here.
For a 750 g loaf using a bread maker
250 ml water
1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon milk powder
100 g sunflower seeds
500 g nutty wheat flour
2 teaspoons yeast
1. Pour the water and butter in the bread pan.
2. Add the salt, honey, milk powder and seeds and flour.
3. Finally, add the yeast. Bake according to your machine’s specifications.