Banana and peanut butter has proven to be a match made in heaven as I discovered with this banana and peanut butter smoothie. It’s great for summer, but when it’s so cold you don’t even want to stick your nose out the front door I opt for something a little more comforting. Also, the house heats up a bit when you switch on the oven! Bazinga! 🙂
So with a few overripe bananas in the fruit bowl and a pantry stacked with extra crunchy peanut butter (in case I need another batch of peanut butter cookies), I whipped together these banana and peanut butter muffins. They are fluffy and packed with flavour – best enjoyed hot out of the oven with lots of butter that melts into the muffin.
300 g flour
15 ml baking powder
Pinch of salt
100 g sugar
4 bananas, peeled and mashed
250 ml milk
5 ml vanilla essence
50 ml butter, melted
50 ml peanut butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
3. Cream the bananas and sugar and add to the flour mixture.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, milk and egg. Add the peanut butter and vanilla and mix well.
5. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture.
6. Place spoonfuls of dough into a muffin pan and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
7. Serve with a hot cup of coffee and lots of butter.