Things that make me happy 😀 on this cold Monday:
- Our new puppy, Pennie. She is a Jack Russel – very smart and very playful. (Photo below.)
- Scorching hot coffee.
- Re-watching Game of Thrones. We’ve just finished the second season. (No spoilers for Season 5 please – we haven’t seen it yet.)
- My hubby’s smile.
- My hot-water bottle.
- This beef curry with avocado and tomato salsa. It’s spicy and meaty and saucy. In a good way. 😉
1 kg rump, sliced into strips
2 onions, diced
1 teaspoon garlic
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
1 tablespoon garam masala
2 tomatoes, quartered
125 ml red wine
500 ml Greek yogurt
Handful of fresh coriander
1 tomato, diced
1 avocado, diced
- Saute the onions and garlic in a splash of olive oil. When it turns translucent, add the rump strips and brown on all sides.
- Add the turmeric, cumin, coriander, ginger and chilli flakes and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, red wine and garam masala and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for about an hour.
- Add the yogurt and fresh coriander and simmer for another hour.
- Mix the diced tomato and avocado to form a salsa.
- Serve with roti, fresh coriander, tomato and avo salsa and Greek yogurt.
Meet Pennie, our new puppy! Isn’t she just too cute? 🙂