It has been a tough week with very little sleep and lots of added pressure. But it’s Friday and time to wind down – even if it is only for two days. That means cookies!
I’m a huge fan of shortbread, maybe it’s the simplicity thereof or maybe it’s the large amount of butter used to make these delicious treats. I’m thinking it’s the butter. 😉 These almond shortbread cookies are buttery and rich, it melts in your mouth within seconds and leaves you with a few tasty almond nibs for some crunch and extra flavour. How’s that for shortbread with a twist?
Happy weekend everyone! May your days be filled with joy and lots of cookies (it’s the same thing, isn’t it?)!
500 g butter, room temperature
130 g icing sugar
60 g cornflower
420 g cake flour
5 ml almond essence
100 g almond nibs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and spray baking trays with a non-stick spray.
- Cream the butter. Sift the icing sugar, cornflour and cake flour and mix well with the butter.
- Add the almond essence and almond nibs and beat until you have a fluffy dough.
- Place spoonfuls of dough onto the baking trays and bake for 15 minutes or until the cookies start browning on top. Leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- Serve with tea or coffee.