How does a hot cup of coffee with a freshly baked bacon, jalapeno and cheddar cheese muffin slathered with butter sound right about now? Pretty good, hey? It’s totally doable with only 15 minutes worth of prep work and 25 minutes for baking these beauties. You can be indulging in these muffins within the hour. What are you waiting for?
Also, bacon! Bacon! Bacon! 😀
250 g bacon, diced
2 jalapenos, sliced
Handful of grated cheddar cheese
300 g flour
15 ml baking powder
250 ml milk
50 ml butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Lay out wax paper in a muffin pan or use a non-stick spray (this recipe makes six large muffins).
2. Fry the bacon until crispy. You don’t need oil to achieve this, the fat in the bacon is sufficient. Set aside to cool.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add the jalapenos and cheddar cheese.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, milk and egg.
5. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture together with the bacon.
6. Place spoonfuls of dough into the muffin pan and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
7. Serve with lots of butter.