Although so much has happened this year, I cannot believe how fast it is going. It’s the first day of the seventh month, which means we are exactly halfway through 2015. It genuinely feels as if I wished you guys a happy new year with this mango and bacon salad only last week. If you haven’t started working through your new year’s resolutions, now might be a good time to start … 2016 is closing in – fast.
Today I’m wishing you all a happy midyear with this easy peasy cauliflower and beef stirfry with cashew nuts. I am a big fan of cauliflower and it has proven itself very versatile. Pairing it with beef, cashew nuts and a good amount of sriracha sauce works extremely well as the cauliflower absorbs a lot of the flavours. I served it with noodles, but it would be delicious with fried rice too.
200 g egg noodles
1 onion, chopped
2 teaspoons garlic
300 g beef strips
300 g cauliflower florets
Handful of cashew nuts
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in a splash of olive oil. When the onion starts to brown, add the beef and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, soy sauce and sriracha and fry until the cauliflower starts to soften slightly. You can add a few tablespoons of water for more sauce.
- Add the cashew nuts and stir well to ensure the sauce covers all the ingredients well.
- Serve hot with the noodles and some extra sriracha sauce if you like it hot.