Yes, it’s me with the soup … again. #sorrynotsorry
On the other hand, do you really need an excuse to try out a new soup recipe? Soups are great to make ahead for those crazy weeknights where there are just never enough time to get something decent on the table.
This potato and chorizo soup with feta cheese is particularly indulgent with a cup of cream to add extra richness to the soup. You can really spoil your family with this one – you might even want to ditch the spoon and use a ladle to eat your share.
8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 liter chicken stock
1 chorizo, sliced
1 onion, chopped
1 round of feta cheese
250 ml cream
- Sauté the onion in a splash of olive oil in a large pot. Once the onion turns translucent, add the chorizo and fry for about 5 minutes. Remove the chorizo and set aside.
- Add the chicken stock and potatoes and boil for about half an hour. Turn down the heat and simmer for an hour.
- Add the feta cheese and cream and mash the potatoes until smooth. Simmer for another half an hour.
- Add salt and pepper to taste with the chorizo.
- Serve hot with a slice of freshly baked bread.