The weekend is coming … I can smell it! Do you have something exciting planned? Ours is jam-packed with family gatherings, dinner parties and a birthday party on Sunday. This of course means food, food en more delicious food.
In preparation of the eating fest that is knocking on our front door, I’m opting for light meals this week like spinach and mushroom quiche, spicy chicken wraps with guacamole and feta cheese and these corn waffles with country ham and rocket. I’m categorizing this recipe as a breakfast, but truth be told it would make a wonderful lunch or light dinner as well. The peppery taste of the rocket complements the sweet corn in the waffles extremely well. You can also add some cheese with the ham for an extra treat.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone! And cherish those moments with your family. 🙂
125 ml sugar
250 ml milk
30 ml oil
500 ml flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 can corn kernels, drained
6 slices country ham
Handful of fresh rocket
6 small tomatoes
- Beat the eggs and the sugar and add half of the milk with the oil.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt and mix well with the egg mixture.
- Add the other half of the milk and the corn kernels and mix well.
- Pour large spoonfuls of dough into your waffle pan and bake until some steam escapes from the machine – it takes around 3 minutes. Your waffles should now be done.
- Place a slice of ham between two waffles and top with rocket and tomatoes.