The last couple of days were a total whirlwind of events. The moving company came to pick up just about everything we own (we are camping in our own house at the moment), I’ve been crazy busy with freelance work and we started saying goodbye to friends and family in Pretoria. To say that this has been an emotional roller coaster is an extreme understatement.
We have exactly one week left in Pretoria to pack the last things – mainly clothes and office stuff – and to bid farewell to the familiarity and comfort that is this city. When I post here again we will have started on our adventure in George, a new (and better) season in our lives.
I leave you with this warm chicken and potato salad with brussels sprouts and fresh rocket to end this winter with. Get ready for spring, it’s going to be a good one!
4 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
200 g brussels sprouts, halved
2 potatoes, quartered
Handful of fresh rocket
1 teaspoon thyme
- Boil the potatoes in a pot of water with a pinch of salt. Once cooked, drain and set aside. Keep the potatoes covered to avoid losing heat.
- Brown the chicken in a splash of olive oil in a hot pan. Add thyme while frying. Once cooked, remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add more olive oil to the pan and brown the brussels sprouts.
- To assemble the salad, place the chicken, brussels sprouts and potatoes in a dish and top with fresh rocket.
- Serve with balsamic vinegar or a creamy salad dressing.