Life is funny. You will not believe how much freelance work I have in this small coastal town – much more than I had in the big bad city. And it’s not corporate design work, it’s work I have to do for farmers, local coffee shop owners and curio shops … fun stuff that makes me happy. I’m sure it won’t be like this forever and ever, but I’m enjoying it while it lasts.
Today I’m celebrating all the good things in our lives with these peach and almond muffins. Because I absolutely love muffins. And peaches. And almonds. They’re the best. 🙂 Peach and almond muffins for everyone!
300 g flour
15 ml baking powder
100 g almond flakes
Pinch of salt
200 g brown sugar
130 g can peach slices in syrup
150 ml milk
5 ml vanilla essence
50 ml butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
3. Add the brown sugar and half of the almonds to the flour mixture.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, milk, egg and vanilla and mix well.
5. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture along with the peach slices and its syrup.
6. Place spoonfuls of dough into a muffin pan, placing the remaining almonds on top of the muffin mixture. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
7. Serve with a hot cup of coffee.