These are the things that make me happy today:
- Going for an hour-long walk with my hubby and our dog first thing in the morning.
- Meeting new and interesting people in this small town that we now call home.
- Getting the keys to our new house.
- Seeing, hearing and smelling the ocean.
- This peach and cashew nut granola with double thick full fat yogurt.
200 g dried peaches (you can cut them in small pieces if you want)
400 g oats
150 g coconut
50 g flax seeds
100 g sunflower seeds
100 g cashew nuts
4 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 egg white
1. Mix the oats, coconut, flax and sunflower seeds and cashew nuts in a large bowl.
2. Add the honey, butter, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and vanilla essence. Mix well to ensure that the oats is covered completely.
3. Stir in the egg white and place on a baking tray, spreading out the oats.
4. Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees. Let it cool and add the peaches before serving with yogurt or milk.