If one of your new year’s resolutions was to eat healthier, this homemade cranberry and macadamia granola is just the thing. It doesn’t compromise on flavour and is packed with nutritional benefits while keeping you fuller for longer.
A few health benefits of macadamia nuts:
- It is a rich source of fiber that carries no cholesterol.
- It offers protection from coronary artery disease and strokes.
- It is rich in calcium, zinc, iron and magnesium.
- It is rich in vitamins that are vital for metabolic functions.
400 g oats
150 g coconut
50 g flax seeds
100 g sunflower seeds
100 g macadamia nuts
200 g dried cranberries
4 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 egg white
- Mix the oats, coconut, flax and sunflower seeds and macadamia nuts in a large bowl.
- Add the honey, butter, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and vanilla essence. Mix well to ensure that the oats is covered completely.
- Stir in the egg white and place on a baking tray, spreading out the oats.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees. Let it cool and add the cranberries before serving with yogurt or milk.