This is going to be one of those touch-and-go weeks. My diary does not have a single line available for anything else that comes along this week. It’s chock-a-block. As in no extra time for blow drying my hair, or doodling in my sketchbook, or spending more than half an hour in the kitchen.
Luckily the time constraints doesn’t mean that dinner won’t be deliciously colourful and tasty. This pork and pineapple stirfry noodles is packed with veggies and is paired with a citrus marmalade sauce that will keep you coming back for more.
1 onion, sliced
1 teaspoon of garlic
500 g pork strips
250 g mushrooms, sliced
250 g carrots, julienne
Half a pineapple, chopped
5 baby marrows, sliced
200 g egg noodles
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon red curry paste
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon macadamia oil
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- Brown the onion and garlic in a splash of oil. Add the pork strips and stirfry for about 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, carrots, pineapple and marrows and stirfry for another 10 minutes.
- In a jug, mix the marmalade, lemon juice, red curry paste, soy sauce, ginger and macadamia oil to form the sauce.
- Pour into the stirfry mix and toss around until everything is covered with the marmalade sauce.
- Serve the egg noodles hot with the stirfry.