With the change of the season comes a change in our weekly dinner menu. Salads are becoming fewer and curries and pasta dishes are rising to the occasion. I know that when summer comes in a few months I might regret this, but for now I’m indulging in the comfort of cream, bacon, chicken and pasta. Now pass me my blanky. 😉
200 g farfalle pasta
1 teaspoon garlic
1 onion, chopped
250 g bacon, chopped
3 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
250 ml cream
Handful of fresh parsley
Handful of fresh basil
- Cook the pasta in boiling water. Once the pasta is al dente, strain and set aside.
- Fry the garlic and onion in a splash of olive oil. Once the onion turns translucent, add the bacon and chicken and brown until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the cream and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the creamy bacon and chicken mixture to the pasta and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with fresh parsley and basil.