Why is it that weekends go by so fast? I’m really bummed by this fact this morning. All I wanted was one more morning where I could sleep in, lounge around the house while sipping a coffee and enjoy these delicious pear and caramel muffins, and then around ten decide if I’m staying in my PJ’s all day or go for a stroll on the beach. Is that too much to ask? I think not. But since it’s Monday I only have these muffins as a distant memory of the past weekend. Hope you enjoy them.
240 g flour
15 ml baking powder
Pinch of salt
100 ml sugar
5 ml vanilla essence
250 ml milk
50 ml butter, melted
2 large pears, peeled and cut into small cubes
360 g caramel treat (dulce de leche)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl, add the salt and sugar and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, milk and egg.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture together with the vanilla essence and pears.
- Place spoonfuls of dough into a muffin pan, place a spoonful of caramel in the middle and top with another spoonful of dough.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes and set aside to cool.