Things I am grateful for today:
- A visit from old friends
- Laughing so hard that our dog hides behind the couch
- My hubby
- These gorgeous lemon and dark chocolate cookies
Have a great weekend everybody!
Adapted from Sarie Kos No 42
140 g butter
250 ml sugar
15 ml lemon zest
1 egg yolk
30 ml lemon juice
500 ml cake flour
10 ml baking powder
2 ml salt
80 g dark chocolate
- Beat the butter, sugar and lemon zest until creamy and fluffy. Add the egg and egg yolk and mix well.
- Stir in the lemon juice and sift the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well and refrigerate for one hour.
- Make small balls of the dough and place on a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate and dip the lemon cookies halfway into the chocolate. Set aside to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.