We all complain about the same thing these days: there is not enough time to do the things you want to do, every second goes towards things that need to be done. Hopefully my luck will change and I’ll be swimming in my money like ol’ Scrooge McDuck in the near future… #wishfulthinking. In the meantime I’ll be making time to savour this corn, bacon and jalapeno bread. Totally worth leaving the ironing for tomorrow. 😉
500 g self-rising flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 can corn kernels
100 ml milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
250 g bacon, chopped and cooked
3 jalapenos, sliced
Handful of grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and spray your bread pan.
- Sift the flour with the salt and add the corn. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and oil.
- Add the egg mixture and the cheese to the corn along with the bacon and jalapenos. Cut with a knife until thoroughly mixed.
- Dish the dough into your pan and bake for around 45 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold with lots of butter.