Reasons to love winter (there aren’t many in my opinion):
- Woolly socks
- Hot chocolate
- Whales in the bay
- This vegetable soup with Thai red curry
4 onions, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic
1 teaspoon ginger
2 green peppers, diced
Bunch of celery, chopped
250 g mushrooms, sliced
4 carrots, sliced
Half a head of cabbage, chopped
200 g butternut, cubed
1 can tomatoes
500 ml vegetable or chicken stock
3 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
Juice of 1 lemon
- Fry the onions, garlic and ginger in a splash of olive oil.
- Add the green pepper, celery, mushrooms, carrots and cabbage and fry for about 10 minutes.
- Add the butternut, tomatoes, canned tomatoes, stock and curry paste and bring to a boil. Simmer for about an hour.
- Add the lemon juice and blitz with a handheld blender until smooth.
- Serve warm with fresh bread and butter.