Ever since I made the little lamb curry pot pies, I’ve been wanting to make a version of it with chicken. These cuties has a Moroccan twist with the addition of sweet potato and one of my favourite things to cook with: harissa. They are super easy to make and packed with flavour. I just love the fact that everyone is served a pie of their very own.
1 teaspoon garlic
1 onion, chopped
4 chicken breasts, deboned and cubed
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 tablespoons harissa
500 ml chicken stock
1 roll store-bought puff pastry
- Saute the garlic and onion in a splash of oil. Once the onion turns translucent, brown the chicken.
- Add the sweet potatoes and fry for around 2 minutes.
- Add the harissa and chicken stock, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for about an hour. Pull apart the meat with two forks.
- Place the chicken and sweet potato into ramekins and cover with blocks of rolled-out puff pastry.
- Whisk the egg and brush over the pastry. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with a side of veggies.