I love curry. But I L.O.V.E chicken curry. And this butter chicken curry is right up there with my other super favourite chicken and butternut curry with peanut butter. This one is more of a classic, though, with loads of garam masala, turmeric and garlic. The stuff that dreams are made of! 🙂 This one is a winner for the whole family (no chilies), no matter what the season.
4 chicken breasts, cubed
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 onions, chopped
4 teaspoons garlic
3 tablespoons garam masala
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 can cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon butter
200 ml Greek yogurt
- Marinate the chicken in the lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of garlic and 1 tablespoon garam masala for about 12 hours.
- Fry the onions and 2 teaspoons of garlic in a splash of olive oil. Add 2 tablespoons of garam masala, the paprika, cinnamon and turmeric and fry for another 2 minutes or so.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, butter and yogurt and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes and take off the heat to cool.
- Blitz the butter masala mix in a blender and pour back into the pot.
- Add the marinated chicken and cook for about half an hour at a medium heat, stirring regularly. Simmer for an hour.
- Serve with jasmine rice and fresh coriander.