I’ve baked these date and banana muffins with pecan nuts for the first time a few weeks back, and now I’m totally hooked. I can’t get enough of it! I literally make the trip to the grocery store just to buy a few bananas so I can bake these beauties. It looks kind of weird, my basket totally empty but for a few bananas in a plastic bag. It is worth it, though. Every bite a masterpiece, as my hubby would say. 🙂
Tip: Spread on some butter when it’s hot from the oven. YUM!
300 g flour
15 ml baking powder
Pinch of salt
100 g sugar
4 bananas, peeled and mashed
250 ml milk
5 ml vanilla essence
50 ml butter, melted
80 g pecan nuts, chopped (more for decoration)
12 dates, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
3. Cream the bananas and sugar and add to the flour mixture.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, milk, egg and vanilla and mix well.
5. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, and then add the pecan nuts and dates.
6. Place spoonfuls of dough into a muffin pan, placing half a pecan nut on top of the muffin mixture. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
7. Serve with a hot cup of bitter strong coffee.